The Greater Mondawmin Coordinating Council is hiring an Office Coordinator.
Job Hours: This position is a part time position at 15-20 hours per week. Those hours are to be worked for four hours on the designated/ agreed days of the week.
Job Compensation: negotiable
Job Summary: The GMCC Office Coordinator (OC) is responsible for the flow of information in the GMCC office; including, but not limited to answering the office telephone, filing GMCC documents, monitoring correspondence, managing the digital copier, and directing calls and correspondence to the appropriate GMCC Board Member.
The OC serves the entire GMCC Board, but receive his/her directions from the GMCC President, VP, Secretary, and Treasurer, respectively. The OC’s job performance will be evaluated by the President, but the President will solicit input from the entire board to ensure that the OC’s performance is represented by all served.
The OC must be an efficient and polite person who is able to represent the GMCC well to residents, community leaders, and benefactors. The OC must be courteous, objective and non biased in his/her treatment of others; and possess knowledge of and mid-level skills with the Microsoft Office Suite and other office automation software packages; and be mature enough in appearance and attitude to manage the office-duties noted below.
- Open office for business by checking voice mail, e-mail, and computerized faxes; by routing messages to the appropriate parties; by opening correspondence, and by contacting the President to ascertain any specific duty for that day.
- Handle all incoming calls, e-mails, and faxes and mail outgoing correspondence
- Monitor the digital copier use and prepare the weekly usage report.
- Schedule quarterly GMCC Board Meetings and notify Board of time and place
- Provide limited office meeting space for and assist the Affiliates with their needs
- Manage the Affiliates use of the GMCC’s 501©3 and State of Maryland Tax Exempt Status numbers
- Edit and copy Affiliates monthly newsletters
- Type GMCC letters, as required
- Maintain monthly inventory of supplies and reorder, as needed
- Log all daily visitors and e-mail the President your daily status report.
- Close and Lock Office·
- Other miscellaneous tasks as required by the President
Candidate does not have to be a college graduate, but college graduates do hold preference over otherwise equally qualified candidates. All interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to: Office@greatermondawmin.org should you have any questions, you may call the office at (410) 523-4500.